When you’re looking for the pros, Go Copper Tree Roofing.
Building Trust, One Roof at a Time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my insurance premium increase if I file a claim?
Your premiums will not increase for filing a hail or wind claim. Premium increases are based upon zip codes and are not specific to individual homes for catastrophic claims which includes hail and wind.
Do I have to pay my deductible?
Yes, it is required by law in the State of Texas.
Waiving insurance policy deductibles has been common place in Texas since 1989 and came about as the result of a poorly worded statute that contractors have basically ignored. Contractors who have broken the law(s) by waiving deductibles are known as “deductible eaters.” Policy holders were lured into signing contracts with deductible eaters not knowing they were being duped into committing insurance fraud. Texas HB 2102, passed in 2019, states it is now a Class B misdemeanor offense of 180 days in jail and a fine up to $2,000.
Do I need multiple estimates?
It is not necessary because your insurance carrier provides the estimate and will not pay more than their claim documents provide. It is most beneficial for you to partner with a contractor and focus on the scope of work necessary to fully restore your property to pre-storm condition. Your contractor should be able to effectively communicate with your insurance carrier to supplement their original estimate to include the proper scope of work items. Your only expense will be the amount of your deductible.
What to expect on ‘roof day’
1. On the day before ‘roof day’ we request the following:
- Vehicles be removed from the garage and driveway for the day
- Turn off sprinkler system the night before the project
2. On ‘roof day’ we will:
- Place tarps & other protective gear to minimize the mess and protect your landscaping
- Move any outside furniture, grills, flowerpots, etc. as soon as we arrive
- Make sure HVAC is protected
- Respectfully request all pets be kept out of the yard for the entire day
- Additional details will be provided by your salesman based upon your specific property
3. After completion of the roof we will:
- Clean up our mess including multiple magnet sweeps over your entire property
- Return your personal items to their original location
Will a company agent be present during a replacement?
Yes, we will have a company representative at your property during the project. Believe it or not, this is not common in our industry.
Do you do more than just roofing?
Yes, we are a General Contractor and are capable of completing the entire scope of work necessary to restore your property to pre-storm condition. We are also extremely proficient with dealing with insurance claims.
Are you ranked on BBB?
We are immensely proud of our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We take great pride in helping our customers with authentic concern for their best interests.
Monday to Saturday
8:30AM – 5:30PM
WE SCHEDULE ROOFING SERVICES 7 DAYS A WEEK!